The popularity of powder coated wheels has really taken off. In 1940s this techniques was developed to protect the surface of industrial and military applications. This proved effective that 40% of all the steel being used was being powder coated. Powder coating is now used as a means of corrosion protection on industrial materials, as well as in the automotive, food and beverage, fire safety, and outdoor furniture segments. Once done, this substance looks like regular paint. Powder coating involves spraying an electrically bonded powder on materials which sticks due to electro static attraction. As the powder is coated is on the objects it creates a coating that can be baked in extreme heat. After cooling the material is coated with second layer; baked one more time and then allowed to cool.
Let’s break down the basic process of powder coating. It involves:
- Surface cleaning and preparation
- Colored powder coating
- First round baking
- Clear coating application
- Second round baking
- Final cool down
Powder coating makes your car wheels more appealing. Powder coating has an uplifting effect and is worth the effort. Here are some good reasons why powder coating makes sense:
- Protection: Roads are harsh on wheels. Salt and water cause corrosion and on the other hand stone chips are flung against the underside, wheels and body and wheels feel attacked. Powder coating is tough and non- porous. It creates a barrier to withstand the harsh environment.
- Long lasting: powder coating survives up to 3 times longer than conventional paint. The protective surface the heating and baking creates is thicker than paint and extremely durable.
- Total coverage: as stated above the electro static charge makes the powder stick onto the surface which results in powder getting to hard to reach places that can be difficult to treat with conventional paint.
- Environment friendly: powder coating emits zero chemicals where conventional paints have compounds which are harmful health and ozone layer. The excess powder which doesn’t stick on metal is easily captured and recycled.
- Powder coating costs less: it saves money in long run as it lasts longer than the conventional paint. Even if it may be slightly more expensive to have it done, its long life makes it worthwhile and adds to car resale value.
Powder coating is an outstanding solution to protect and customize metals. Being an inexpensive option with provides protection and is long lasting; powder is an option to go for.
From where should you get powder coating done?
Since 2013, we have been serving people with our best services. You’ll enjoy fast, reliable service. In many locations, our technicians will have you back on the road in just one day. Call us for quote or booking details at 0435 011 533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .